• Fantastic downloadable worksheets

http://www.scholastic.co.uk/magazines/worksheets.htm

These are fab, am printing them all lol

looks like a ood one, thanks

Comment

One for the favourites button!

This one I used today:
      http://www.lovetolearnplace.com/

Stick with it, click on Grammar, or Literacy Special Effects, stuff like that. It's an american homeschooling site. They're really hot on grammar over there and this is good stuff. I worked through the simile lesson today with Y4 and they loved it.

It's a really good place to go for stuff for private tutoring, it's full of all the stuff that parents used to be taught in school, the proper stuff, so they'll love to see it being taught again!

Comment

You're right, these look great. Has anyone tried to download and save these sheets? I've been having terrible trouble doing it as they seem to save as a web page rather than pdf, so when I open them they are unusable off-line. I've gone through saving and opening them as suggested on the scholastic site but that doesn't work either - Acrobat Reader doesn't recognise the files. Any s?

(Possibly if anyone has managed to save them, you might be able to e-mail them to me?? Pretty please with a cherry on top and chocolate sauce?? Let me know on here and I'll send a PM with my e-mail address)

Comment

My acrobat did read them ok and I saved one.Is your reader up to date, I think they're on 7.0 now? I'd be happy to email them to you when I've downloaded them all but am not planning to do it yet as feel like I have a cheesegrater at the back o my throat.

Comment

And why are you up so early Gnomoospan if you've a bad throat?! I hope it's to go get double chocolate ice-cream!

I tried to download them at school, to no avail, but the PCs at school are barely touching Windows 98 yet I think... I printed the screen (file, print preview, 9 or so pages, print!) and chopped headers etc. off and stuck back together before ying them.

Will have another look later...

Comment

Weird ...

I've just managed to download and save Jan and December files by clicking on "download all worksheets in this months magazine" above the index of downloads, and also the Dec topics download. However those options aren't available on the other months.

Tried right clicking on the others just to see if I would have more luck today, as I am on the library computer not at home but the mouse here doesn't recognise a right click. There's always something isn't there!

Comment

Nutty,
                I was up because I have a baby of 12 weeks, a 3 year old and a 5 year old (and a 34 year old) who I have to get organised. My hubby sorts himself, I do the rest, and before you say anything, he is brilliant and I've just spent the whole weekend in bed or on sofa having hot drinks brought to me. Still feel pants though!

Comment

Bless! You deserve triple-choc then, and so does hubby!

Can you go to October, left click on individual sheet so it opens and print from there? Time consuming, one at a time though I know. You'd just have to be selective!

Comment

Thanks Nutty.
                    Hey I am now a bit , which sheets is everyone having trouble with, I thought it was the Ilovetolearn ones, if it isn't you must ignore my post from earlier about acrobat because I haven't tried scholastic yet!

Comment

OK just tried it and it worked. If you right click over the sheet then click on save target as, it will direct you to your folders, choose where you want to save and go for it.
                      Worked for me... let me know

Comment

I got too, thought it was Ilovetolearn, then re-read and thought Scholastic so typed help for that... I'm going back to bed!

Comment

wish i could!

Comment

Just to confuse matters, Adobe released Acrobat 8 recently. Not a huge amount of difference as far as I can see (not that I've looked that much yet), but it looks pretty!

Comment

I can't use IE7 now, I use firefox instead, IE7 and Flash/Macromedia are having an argument apparently, IE7 keeps saying I need to install a new version of Flash, and Flash keeps saying it's installed... I heard there's some legal battle going on... so I'm sticking with Firefox until it's sorted...

Off topic I know, but it's late, I'm tired, and when I'm tired, I waffle even more!

Comment

Working...
                              X