X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agencies can be funny

They can really get their knickers in a twist when they find out you are getting work from another agency they hate that so much. I've been getting getting most of my supply work from Capita which has been great, not always liked the schools I've been to. Also they call me at silly times some days like 8.45 or 9.00 which i think is far too late to be called out to a school.

For the last two weeks I've been booked out to schools with anther agnecy I'm rejistered with. They tend to give me advance bookings and the schools are close to home. capita have found out I'm getting work from this agency, they don't like it and now are callling me at 7.30 everyday trying for work. It's so funny its like they are in competition who can get me to a school first.

That must be a great feeling though, they must be getting good feedback from schools about you!

Comment

I i think they just want to get one over each other and get me to a school first. It would be nice to have feedback from schools though, as a supply you aren't given any advice on how you are doing like you are when you are training or in a permanent job.

Comment

I've never even heard of Capita! Where are they based?

Comment

They are based all over Uk. Nearest one to you would be the Greenwich Office in south east london, which is the one I am with. They have a few other offices in london, I don't think they have a office in essex.

Comment

I'm registered with Capita, among others. So far they've found me half a day, but they get really annoyed when I'm not available. A few times recently they've phoned and I've said I've already been booked by another agency. The woman on the other end has got really stroppy, saying "But you said yesterday that you were available. I've been working hard to find work for you and now you say you're not available."

Comment

Originally posted by melanie42 View Post
              ... they get really annoyed when I'm not available. A few times recently they've phoned and I've said I've already been booked by another agency. The woman on the other end has got really stroppy, saying "But you said yesterday that you were available. I've been working hard to find work for you and now you say you're not available."
              I've had that too from one of the agencies. I've had a call as I was driving to a booking (I have hands free for phone don't hold it to my ear) and been given the third degree as to why I didn't let them know I was now working. Rushing out after a late phone call you don't have the time to ring all the agencies you are registered with to tell them you are not available that day.
              If they want you they should phone earlier as purple says. Get them to try harder. If you do well in a placement schools will ask if you are available.
              There can be the occassions when an agency holds you in reserve for a particular school that has asked for you in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by purple View Post
                Also they call me at silly times some days like 8.45 or 9.00 which i think is far too late to be called out to a school.
                Sometimes it can't be helped if the school doesn't realise til late someone isn't coming in, or (as happened to me recently) someone came in but was sent home.

When that happens I just warn the agency that I'll be there as soon as possible but may be up against the traffic. It's never been a problem as usually someone can hold the class till I get there. And I've always got a full day's pay on days when I was in late after a late call.

Comment

I got a call this morning to go into a school in Leicester. They phone at 8:30 and asked how long it would take me. On a good day with no traffic it takes 45 mins to get to that school and I told them that. They said they would check with school and get back to me. I heard nothing else. Perhaps I should have said 10 minutes then apologised for there being heavy traffic.

Comment

great post i really appreciate this post it seems that there's a lot of interesting on this site

Comment

Working...
                    X